Welcome to La Cueva Cross Country
As we begin a new school year and new cross country season, I would like to answer some frequently asked questions for anyone curious about joining our program-
- When is the first day of practice?
- The first day of practice will be August 13th at 3:00 p.m. We will meet by the main entrance to La Cueva on Wilshire.
- How long will practice last?
- We begin practice at 3:00 p.m. and tend to finish at 4:45 p.m., no later than 5:00 p.m.
- Who can participate?
- Any LCHS student in good standing with the school and administration is welcome to join us. Charter school and home-school students are welcome to join us as well, provided they live in-district and complete the necessary paperwork.
- Do I need to have running experience to participate?
- Not at all! LCXC is designed for any individual regardless of ability level or experience. Our coaching staff can provide one-on-one assistance to ease the transition and acclimate new runners into our program.
- Who makes the team?
- LCXC is a no cut sport, meaning anyone who wants to run with us is able to do so . We also use times and performance history to determine weekly team placements. Just because a runner starts on C-team does not mean they cannot work their way to a varsity spot.
- What do I need to bring to practice?
- On your first day of practice we ask that each student bring in a competed physical, a certificate of completion of for the Life of an Athlete, and Concussion in Sports workshops (found under the "Practice Info" tab), a towel, and plenty of water.
- What if I have other questions?
- Feel free to go to the "Contact" page or send me an email at email@example.com
2014 State Champions